Friday, December 19, 2008

Faq's about Abn Amro credit card







FAQs:

Do I have to be an ABN AMRO Bank Account Holder to apply for an ABN AMRO Bank Credit Card?

No, you do not have to be an ABN AMRO Bank account holder to apply for an ABN AMRO Bank card. Please click here for the details on the eligibility criterion for the ABN AMRO Bank Credit Card.

What should I do if my ABN AMRO Bank Credit Card gets lost/stolen?

Please call up our 24 Hour Bank by Phone service in your city and inform our customer service executive immediately. Do follow up this call with a written communication.

What should I do if my ABN AMRO Bank Credit Card gets declined?
Please call the 24 Hour Bank by Phone service in your city and our customer service executive will be glad to assist you.

Can I withdraw cash with my ABN AMRO Bank Credit Card?
Yes, you can withdraw cash up to 30% of your credit limit with your ABN AMRO Bank Credit Card. All cash transactions attract cash advance fee & applicable interest & service charges. Please check the tariff of charges to know the latest charges.

Can I withdraw cash from ATM's of other banks?
You can withdraw cash from all MasterCard affiliated ATMs. These ATMs display the MasterCard logo.

Where do I have to make my ABN AMRO Bank Credit Card payments?
For details of where to make your ABN AMRO Bank Credit Card payments.

Can I use my ABN AMRO Bank Credit Card for international transactions?
Yes, your ABN AMRO Bank Credit Card is a globally valid card that you can use for all your transactions that you make abroad. All globally valid cards are governed by usage restrictions, entitlements and other conditions stipulated by The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) or by any other Government Authority from time to time. Card transactions in Nepal & Bhutan shall be in the local currency or the Indian rupee.

Can I retain my ABN AMRO Bank Credit Card if I emigrate?
No, credit cards (including global cards) are issued to resident Indians only. Therefore, under RBI guidelines, you have to surrender your cards to the bank if you are proceeding abroad on employment or on emigration.

Can my family members use my ABN AMRO Bank Credit Card?
No, your ABN AMRO Bank Credit Card is for your personal use only and cannot be used by any third person. However, you may gift an add–on card to your family members that can be used by them. All charges & payments for transactions made on add–on cards will have to be borne by you.

Where can I use my ABN AMRO Bank Credit Card?
Your globally valid ABN AMRO Bank Credit Card can be used in 23 million MasterCard Outlets across the world including 100,000 outlets in India & Nepal.

What is rate of interest on my ABN AMRO Bank Credit Card?
Please check the tariff of charges to know the interest rate applicable on your ABN AMRO Credit Card.

Do all purchases attract an interest charge?
No, if your current balance is zero, you have a grace period of up to 50 days (on retail transactions) in which to make your payment. However, cash transactions attract an interest charge form the date of transaction till settlement date. Cash transactions also attract a transaction fee & applicable service charges.

Do I have the up to 50 days grace period on my retail transactions if I am already revolving on my ABN AMRO Bank Credit Card?

No, the grace period on retail transactions is valid only if there are no outstandings on the ABN AMRO Bank Credit Card. If you are already revolving, then all fresh purchases will attract interest from the date of purchase.

Can I transfer my balance from another credit card to the ABN AMRO Bank Credit Card?

Yes, balances can be transferred to your ABN AMRO Bank Credit Card starting from a minimum of Rs. 3000 to a maximum of up to 80% of your credit limit subject to the Terms & Conditions of the program. Please check the tarriff of charges to know the latest balance transfer rates applicable to your card. For more details, please refer our balance transfer form.

Will my fresh purchases attract interest if I use the balance transfer facility?
For the first month, your fresh purchases get the normal credit period. However, if at the end of the first billing cycle, your total amount due (including balance transfer) is not reduced to zero, your fresh purchases attract interest from the date of purchase.

What is Service Tax?

Service Tax will be levied on prescribed fees, interest and other charges. The amount of service tax levied will reflect on your statement as a consolidated entry 12.36% on all applicable items. To know more about Service Tax charged on your account, please go to our Service Tax section.

From where can I get an application form to apply for the ABN AMRO Bank Credit Card?

For your convenience, you may apply online or download an application form and mail it to us at P.O. Box No. 477, GPO, New Delhi 110 001. Application forms are also available at all ABN AMRO Bank branches in your city. If you need more information, you may call the 24 Hour Bank by Phone service in your city and our customer service executive will be glad to assist you.

No comments:

Post a Comment